Lake Eyasi Lodge
Located on a gentle slope, Lake Eyasi Safari Lodge offers stunning views over the seasonal soda lake and up to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Sixteen tastefully furnished spacious rooms are located within the large property, each with a private verandah overlooking the lake.
The décor blends elements from the surrounding landscape with modern comfort. It is part of the Bougainvillea Group of Lodges, offering local Tanzanian hospitality in locations around the Northern Safari Circuit.
The main Lake Eyasi Safari Lodge building features reception, lounge, bar, inside and outside dining, and a gift shop as well as an open-air upper deck area. The swimming pool offers a welcome and refreshing respite after a long and dusty safari. The lodge serves delicious and fresh continental cuisine and the friendly staff is delighted to see to our guest’s every need.
The region of Lake Eyasi, southwest of Ngorongoro, is home to the Hadza bushmen, the last survivors of a civilization that knows nothing of agriculture, livestock, pottery, or metals. They live by hunting with bows and arrows and gathering wild berries and fruits. They are the last heirs of the ancestors who took their first steps right here, along the Rift Valley, about two hundred thousand years ago
Their way of life has remained unchanged over the millennia and they live in small wandering groups of about twenty individuals. The Hadza people of Lake Eyasi are the heirs of the very first human beings, the kids of Olduvai Gorge and Koobi Fora who still have a symbiotic relationship with the environment, the purest example of an anarchic society with no rules, no chief, no don’ts.
The lodge has 16 rooms situated in double cottages located in natural vegetation. Each large en-suite room is furnished with a queen bed or two twin beds with netting, chairs, a writing table, and luggage racks. Lights and hot water are provided by solar power.
Room Check-In is 12h and Check Out 10h
Why choose Lake Eyasi Safari Lodge?
- The lodge is located in a very beautiful place, on the shore of Lake Eyasi with a good swimming pool.
- The Lodge is set in a beautiful view of the Rift Valley
- They offer very comfortable accommodation, makes you come back again
- The lodge is big enough with 16 en-suite stone cottages which are very attractive
- All important services are available. They have good dining and excellent food, a big lounge and bar
- The lodge is open all the year and offers free Wi-Fi service
- The lodge is installed with solar power to assure you stay comfortable