Where is Ilkurot? Ilkurot is situated about 20 km west of Arusha town.
The following are the services offered under this program:
- A visit to a Maasai boma to see the traditional houses and lifestyle of the Maasai
- A visit to a Maasai holy tree where the Maasai offer sacrifices as part of rituals
- A traditional Maasai meal prepared by Maasai ladies. Delicacies include ‘nyama choma’ or barbequed meat, green vegetables, herbal tea, coffee, fresh milk, cassava, sweet potato, bread, eggs, and fruits.
- A five-day safari, during which you can hire a camel or donkey to view animals like Giraffe, Zebra, Rabbit, Hyena, Thomson’s Gazelle and dik-dik – and birds and watch the Maasai graze their cattle in scenic pastures.
- Watching Maasai dances, groups of artisans and their handicrafts, traditional healers and bee-keepers
- A visit to the Kilimamoto crater, Ngorora hill, waterfalls, valleys and Mt. Meru.
- Getting familiar with Swahili and Maasai terminology talks with local society members
- A visit to a Maasai women’s handicraft group that makes ornaments from beads and natural products.
Tours at Ilkurot can be divided into three excursion categories:
- 1:Half day walking tour
- 2: Full-day walking tour
- 3: Full-day walking tour
You might also be interested to explore other cultural tours available in Tanzania.