Katavi Wildlife Camping
Katavi Wildlife Camp is set amongst the trees that fringe the Katisunga plains. From your vantage point either on the veranda of your tent or from the upper viewing lounge, you can join the predators watching the plains game during the day. Then anticipate the excitement of the predators hunting their dinner as the game moves back to the trees in the evenings at Katavi National park
Katavi consists of 6 large Meru-style tents, overlooking the plain; each built on a raised wooden platform and sheltered from the midday sun by a traditionally thatched roof. Each tent is en-suite and has its own large veranda with hammock and chairs. There are four double tents and two twin tents, and all have a safe
Dining and Bar
The camp is located where the Katuma river drains the Katisunga plain. The two-storey main banda is perfectly located to maximize viewing of the game’s daily movements between grazing and drinking from the Katuma River.
Downstairs consists of a bar, a few sitting areas with comfortable armchairs, and a cozy dining area at the front of the banda, overlooking the Kitasunga plains. Upstairs is a sitting area where guests can relax in the heat of the day, with stunning and far-reaching views overlooking the Katisunga plains.
There is a small selection of books and magazines to browse. Just out the front is our fire pit, where guests can have a pre-dinner drink and swap stories from the day’s safari.
Why choose Katavi Wildlife Camp?
- When staying at Katavi Wildlife Camp, you can enjoy comfortable, large, double beds
- A spacious deck to relax and spectate the wildlife action in front
- They offer an en-suite bathroom with solar-heated running water, so hot water is available all the time during your stay.
- They consider your safety, they have a lockable safe for valuables to keep you safe every time.
- The camp is installed by electricity system, so the battery charging facilities is available
- There is a complimentary laundry service at the camp, so no need to think about your hygiene.