Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Advice
- Make sure all your gears are warm and lite, don’t pack jeans and avoid cotton as cotton material traps moisture. But also avoid overweight packing.
- Pack your bags the night before your trek, don’t wait until the morning to avoid rushing.
- Don’t pack anything that shouldn’t be there. You may leave unwanted staff for the mountain at your hotel or feel free to leave them at our office.
- If necessary pack your laptop, and keep in mind that there is no electricity on the mountain.
- If possible avoid packing delicate stuff
- Pack all important documents. And everything you think you will need to use on the way before getting to the camp. Example: Camera, Phone, sun cream, hut, passport, sunglasses, poncho, etc.
Health and hygiene tips
- Remember to keep your hands clean every time before eating to avoid stomach problems. Which can cause dehydration
- Before using medication like Acetazolamide or Diamox and others. It is important to take advice from your doctor
- Be prepared for altitude sickness even if it doesn’t often happen. You better do a general health check-up before you starts your climb for Kilimanjaro.
- If you feel abnormal, please tell your guides.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol on the mountain
- Avoid ascending further when you realize the symptoms of altitude sickness
Listen to your guides
Listen and follow the instructions from your guides. Our guides have long-time guiding experience. They are well-trained and licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park. Our guides are very friendly and knowledgeable and they will take you to the summit safely.
Avoid littering the trail, and collect all rubbish in your bag until you reach the camp
Climb slow (Pole-pole)
Avoid rushing, save your energy for the Summit night. Hike slow enjoy your holiday and the beauty of Kilimanjaro
Prepare for your trek
Remember to prepare for your trek. Make sure you apply for your Visa on time and book your flight after getting your Visa verification.
Pack all travel documents and trekking gear. Train your body by doing small physical exercises like running and biking to keep your body fit.